In exactly one month from now I will be on a plane, heading to East Asia. Nervousness, excitedness and general unknowingness fill my mind with what the adventure on the other side of the pond will bring. It will only last for a week, but I am praying for God to move in big ways. But...I tend to start in little ways. A language book is my first order of business, and as I boggle and bundle my way through rather ridiculously, my lips sputtering and tongue slaughtering the words, I think "I need of a tutor." English is my spoken word, but I have always had a fascination with other cultures and their speech. German, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin Chinese are now among my attempted languages, hopefully the last one won't end in frustration like the former. Thus, my tutoring begins. Luer Jin is my unofficial interpreter and official friend, willing to help me when I feel like throwing my book in the dirt. Her accent is beautiful, but she slows her perfect pronunciation ...
Am I blooming where I'm planted? This topic came up recently along with the question of what I want to be and what I want to do. Once upon a great while ago, I would have yelled, YES! Look at me, I am the model of blooming. Notice the impact I am making in the ground, just soaking up the sun in all its goodness.I know, my blooms are pretty - what about yours? Can that be said of me now? I was filling out my application to become a student cru staff member for the summer at Walt Disney World when I got stuck. The question boggled me. Am I influencing my campus now and making the most of my opportunity as a student with Cru? I have to be honest. While I am growing in discipleship, my discipling of others is at a standstill. I believe in prayer, but am not holding onto its power. I trust the Word of God, but I am not living it each day. My hope is in His grace, but I am not abiding in His forgiveness every moment. I am a timid vine, not a full-fledged rose. That I would daily ...
Songs are filled with lyrics, books are written and poems are dedicated to the glory of beauty. Photographs are taken, videos are used to capture and words are utilized to describe all things lovely. Beauty makes me stop walking and loot my pockets for my camera in order to grasp the extent of what I see. Beauty makes me silent, my ears intently listening in awe to melodies and notes I've never heard before. Beauty makes me laugh when a moment is filled with so much joy I can't help but reply. Beauty makes me... ...gasp when I witness a streak of lighting rend the night sky ...crinkle my nose as I inhale the succulent fragrance of flowers ...jump from dazzling heights into cool, clear ocean waters ...see the hope of things to come ...realize what a wonder it is to be alive.
Comments
Post a Comment